Friday, July 24, 2009

Cooking 1, 2, 3 2009


I was invited over to a new neighbors for dinner and of course accepted the invitation. The previous home owner had lived there 20+ years and was a great neighbor, friend and cook. I was amazed with the young couple (26ish) display of food when I arrived. Several other neighbors were also invited, kinda a meet and welcome. I was asked if I could come over early to introduce everyone and since I wanted to see what they were cooking I simply jumped at the chance. This was my lesson in Cooking 1,2,3! Boxes and bags were stacked on the counter top. I could see COSTCO, Metropolitan Market, Trader Joes, and Safeway labels, bags and containers.


Starters: Packaged, pre-cut, pre-washed vegetables, wings, meatballs;

Salads: Tabouli, broccoli slaw, beet salad;


Entrees: Pulled Pork, Rotisserie Chicken, Ribs;


Desserts: Cream Puffs, Fresh Fruit, Individual Petifores.


Ready, Set, Cook! Then in less than 6 minutes the food was unpacked placed on serving plates and one pour a beverage for me while the other took out the trash. Everyone came the party was a smash hit and the food was GREAT! I was raised on slow cooking, planning and hard work. This my friends is much better! In fact FUN! At the time they did not know what I did for a living. It is just one of the reasons I get it. Grocerant ready to eat and ready to heat food is here to stay. I hope these neighbors stay as well. Interested in positioning your Grocerant food for success. Leave a comment and we will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment